Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Count your blessings...

So many things seem to go wrong, but so many things have gone right that the wrong ones don't really seem so bad. Our airconditioner decided to break. As of yet, I'm not sure when we'll be able to repair/replace it. So here I sit in the hum of the fans and the one window unit... but my girls are playing together, searching under the couches with a flashlight. It's like a treasure hunt to them. They've found some toys and sunglasses and they're having a blast. Caleb is crawling around his playpen in nothing but a diaper, happy as always. Benjamin is playing at Grandma's. Jeremy is out with Josh, doing what he can to make us cool and comfortable again. And I am sitting here, counting my blessings, rather than cursing the heat. AC is a luxury after all, and hey, maybe the eletric bill will be significantly lower if we go a while without running the air.

No comments: