Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And this...

One of the craft blogs that I check everyday is houseonhillroad. That's where I picked up the embroidery bug. And since Abigail is one of the most horse-crazy four-year-olds you will ever meet, this is for her.






I used Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron as a reference for the sketch that I drew. Then I got some transfer (tracing) paper from my dear mother-in-law and put the image on the shirt. I went over it with my water-soluable pen just to make sure it stayed there until I was done sewing. Then it was just a matter of backstitching the image and I used a french-knot for the eye. After I trimmed all the loose strings in back I ironed some stabilizer over the back, so that Little Miss won't be tickled by all those threads.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Rachel!

I love this...great job...yup, I love Erin (houseathillrd)...she is so talented, I hope she puts a bib tutorial on her blog...for "when" we get our baby...wanted to sew a couple of those bibs she posted.

they are awesome!
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted