Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pardon me while I have a proud mommy moment.

Yesterday was a big day for our family. I took Libby to school and spent about a half-hour outside talking to a friend of mine when my cell phone rang. It was Jeremy asking where I was. See, the previous night Gabriel (our nephew) had spent the night and apparently he and Benjamin had been discussing baptism all morning. Benjamin got an "Evangecube" and they were discussing how sin seperated us from God and how Jesus is the "bridge" that crosses that sin and allows us into heaven through baptism.

Yesterday Benjamin told his daddy that he wanted to be baptized. So in the very large bath tub in our master bedroom, with his Grandma, Granddaddy, sisters, Mom, and another member of our congregation as witnesses of this most blessed occasion, my little seven-year-old was baptized by his daddy and became our brother in Christ. I am still bursting with love and pride at this event.
Everywhere that we went for the rest of the day, he just had to tell people that he'd been "babatized". We also took him to pick out a real Bible (as opposed to a "story" Bible).

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

I know you are proud of his decision to follow Christ! Yea!!!

Alissa said...

I can tell that you are proud. I hope this is the beginning of a life-long relationship with God.