Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another horsie shirt?

When you have two girls, you obviously have to be fair and make one each of EVERYTHING. But since I didn't have another brown shirt, I decided to make Libby's shirt a little different. Then Abby wanted to trade. Then she wanted to trade back. I think she's finally decided that they'll share both of them, which probably means that Abby gets first choice and Libby gets whichever one is left. Which doesn't sound fair, but Libby is much less concerned about such things. Except when it comes to her new rainbow-striped-hoodie-sweater. She ain't sharing that one, much to Abby's annoyance. So, to make a long story short (too late) here is Libby's horse shirt.
Basically I cut out the horse that I had used for Abby's shirt to use as a template. A little heat-n-bond and some cute fabric that reminds me of bandanas (I think it was a fatquarter from JoAnn's) and VOILA! instant applique. And I do mean instant. After I secured the horse to the shirt, I machine stitched just inside the perimeter. I like that frayed look after it's been washed a few times.
Mom says that I'm taking $4 shirts and turning them into $15 shirts. Does that mean I get to keep the $11 that I didn't spend? ;)

No comments: